Tips for Playing Games on the GrandPad
Keep your mind sharp and keep the fun going with the wide variety of games in the GrandPad Games app. We continue to update our selection with classic puzzles like Sudoku and crossword sure to stimulate and excite. Your GrandPad has 10 games preloaded with more being added all the time. Check out these tips for getting the most out of our brain games for seniors.
To start a new game:
- Select the Games app from the home screen by scrolling to the right or tapping the right arrow (it is the seventh app from the left)..
- Click the game that you wish to play.
Don’t Be Afraid to Begin Again
Long-form games will keep your current round active if you exit. That way you can go about your day and come back to the GrandPad at any point and continue your game.
However, if you return to a game in progress and want to start a new round:
- Select "Solitaire," "Crossword," "Wordsearch," or "Blackjack" from the "Games" app menu.
- Once your current round loads, click "Start Over" in the bottom-right corner. This will clear the game space and start a game from scratch.
Play with Your Family
Do you have family or friends visiting? Several games on the GrandPad are designed for more than one player so anyone can join in on the fun. Here’s how to play with two people on select games:
- From the Games app menu, select "TicTacToe,” "Four in a Row,” or "Memory.”
- When the menu prompt appears, select "Two Players.”
- A two-player game will commence. Pass the GrandPad to whoever is going first.
These turn-based games are a blast to play with loved ones, so see who’s up to the challenge!
Take Your Cue
The games on the GrandPad provide unmistakable visual and audio cues to avoid any mistakes that affect the rest of the game. In Sudoku, if you fill a square with the number a "ding!” will sound, and the other squares with the same number will turn blue. If another identical number exists in the same row, column, or square it will be easy to spot.
In the Crossword game the boxes will turn green once you fill a row or column with the correct word. This will prevent you from building off of wrong words and causing your puzzle to become unsolvable.
Buy a GrandPad today for the best tablet experience in games for seniors. The GrandPad contains several other functions and apps to give you all the connection and entertainment you need in one tablet!